Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Optimization in ADS Momentum 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayyedjamal

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there
I wana design a filter using ADS Momentum 2011, I simulated some structures. Now I want to optimize some filters, you know by changing the width, length and etc in layout to meet good performance. My concern is about microstrip filters.
BTW I saw some examples but they define a parameter such a width (it's just defined and no TL's width define as so) then transform the design to schematic and optimization done in there, sth weird?!
So is optimization possible in layout or not?
In either method HOW?

Thx alot

You can optimize your layout in both ways, just with layout or with layout and schematic. Both is documented in ADS help!

You can optimize your layout in both ways, just with layout or with layout and schematic. Both is documented in ADS help!

Thx buddy...
But you know there is no documented thing about optimization in layout, could you give me a lead?

thx again

Agree, but it is written (Simulation->Electromagnetic->Defining Component Parameters and Using an EM model) how to set parameters, which you can use in a schematic for optimization.

Filter with Aperture.jpg

Thx again...
Consider this image, it's part of a filter, red rectangle illustrates aperture on the ground and gray rectangles are microstrip.
Here is my question: can we have the Schematic of this filter, I mean draw this filter with aperture in layout (which sth I can do) and convert it to Schematic for optimization?
I tried but I could not, can you give me a lead?
Thx alot buddy

Ah ok, as I understood you want to simulate defected ground structures?! I think this is not possible with schematic symbols. Maybe it is possible (if you consider the attached pdf) to use for the bottom layer not stripped layer but sloted layer. Than MAYBE it is possible to use schematic symbols with different layout layers!

Attachments

• momentum-finitegnd-and-dgs.pdf
    660.5 KB · Views: 196
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back