Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] optimization in ADE GXL

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranran19870222

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am trying to do the optimization in ADE GXL. However, I couldn't find a way to optimize the variable which I have defined in the schematic. In the ADE GXL user guide, I could only find how to optimize parameters related to a transistor, but for my case, it is a biasing voltage (vdc), and the only device parameters related to it is called srcType. Does anyone have suggestions on how I can optimize the DC value of a voltage source in order to get an expected output which I have specified in the output setup?

Thank you.

You can optimize any parameter. Just define your biasing voltage as such:
Code:
Vbias (node+ node-) vdc dc=[I]vbias[/I]
Then define vbias as a parameter with a reasonable value and set its optimization limits.

Thank you. problem solved... i was mislead by the ade gxl user guide, and thought it can only do optimization on parameters. I just found out it can optimize variables directly.

I'd guess there's no difference between parameters and variables: A parameter can be variable ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back