Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

optimization errors in awr microwave office

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharz

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
while optimizing value of capacitor in oscillator circuit,
m getting warnings such as
MinMax optimization terminated due to maximum no of cycles(OPT_CYCLES)
what does this mean?
though the optimization process continues, i get a huge no of warnings i.e. 2 warnings per iteration.
please help m new to awr microwave office

It means that some component optimization combinations don't give the accurate convergence to compute the oscillator frequency.
Oscillator optimization is more difficult than others because oscillators are autonomous circuits and convergence can not be obtained all the time.

Optimization depends on the initial values that you select. I have some suggestions for AWR. At the beginning, you should not set for high resolution.
1) Limit your upper and lower values of the components.
2) Do not use high resolution (for example 0.001pF)
3) Prefer higher or lower (< or >), not equal (=)
4) If optimization is not going well at the first 5 minutes, probably your optimization technique is not proper. change it and try again
5) do not optimize more than 5 components at the same time

Reactions: sharz

sharz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hello Osman ceylan
well, i m doing it exactly as you mentioned.
but still m getting d warnings
and also i want to ask, will i get the right results if i select aplac hb simulator for my simulations of nonlinear oscillator ?
or does it have to be harmonic balance simulator ?
because i get an error saying "require at least one non linear element" when i use the harmonic balance simulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back