Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opinions on WIPro VLSI company

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakesh045

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how good is wipro vlsi?
i heard it does mainly validation/testing of circuits there...
i also heard that they have a reputation of changing the domain to a software job during the training phase even if one is selected through a vlsi panel during interview/selection procedures...
just wanted to ask because they are visiting us for campus recruitment in a few days in our college.
I am already selected in cts and can get only one more offer as per the rules of my college... should i go for wipro seriously?
my interests are in vlsi, embedded and microwave engineering...

Hi,

1) You might be partially right about the validation projects, but there are many design and turnkey projects which are also taken up.

2) Regarding the domain change from VLSI to Software :: its a myth (According to me). When you are recruited for VLSI then u can be sure of ending up in this domain.

This reply must be way too late for you. However, I just thought it might help those with similar doubts as that of yours.

hello sir..
i am placed in 2 companies, Wipro VLSI and accord.. i m going to leave the job after 1 year to do my MS. i am confused as to which company to join. i am doing my last sem BE in electronics and communication presently. could you suggest which 1 to join.. and which one did join??

Well.. It depends on what your interests are.. If you have plans of getting your MS degree with VLSI major, then I would suggest you to take Wipro's offer.
You should always be aligned to your field of interest.. Failing which, your experience will never count.

Status
Not open for further replies.