Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opinions on using Tablet PC for making schematics and PCBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrEd

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Has anyone used a Tablet PC to make schematics and PCB's? Is it working? is it cool??? Which software are you using?

Re: Tablet PC

If the tablet PC is x86 compatible then theoretically, Layout software could be used. As for the question of software depends on needs, affordability and computer specs.
I use ADS and Proteus VSM

MrEd said:
Has anyone used a Tablet PC to make schematics and PCB's? Is it working? is it cool??? Which software are you using?
Tablet PC, I guess wouldn't make a diference for schematic capture, because all lines are straight with right angles. I don't know about the PCB, but the idea to draw PCB traces with a stylus on a tablet PC sounds neat.

Tablet PC

Yeah, in thery it sounds all really nice but I wonder how it works for real doing it for a whole day.

I still haven't managed to try it out.
Can you rest your hand on the surface or does the hand have to be in the "air" the whole time and only touching the stylus on the surface? If the hand cannot touch the surface I don't think it will work for a long time. Then I'm convinced I will have a cramp within half an hour. I want to be able to work like with pen and paper but more organized. I'm starting to hate sittining in front of the computer day in and day out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back