Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opinions on Microchip's dsPIC performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

hill

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone talk a bit about Microchip's dsPIC? How is it in term of performance, easy of implementation etc?

dspic related project topics

In my opinion it's very easy to use, software and hardware. I work at the first project with dsPIC. I use microchip C compiler and it's work fine, I have same problem with it but it solve by microchip team very quickly, I remember that I stay over 3 month to have I prototype board from microchip, but I think it change this..
What you plan to do with it?..

dspic dsp texas

Output of voice (I mean something like application that 'talk').

dspic voice change

As I can see, Microchip dsPIC series is a mix between PIC and DSP, the result is very good. I can see that those dsPIC have much powerfull math instructions than TMS320 DSP, and have the very good functions of PIC like UART, SPI, AD, and more. The speed is only thing that is worst than Texas, dsPIC allows up to 30Mhz, versus TMS320 that are from 40MHz and up...

I think its not problem to synthetize voice on a dsPIC, you can make the PWM output to create analog signals, and implementing synthetize algoritms is not a problem using a C compiler. Speed is ok when you have samplerates of 8Khz, and 30MHz of clock, depending of complexity of your algorithm will consume more or less MIPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.