Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opinions on Lattice xPLD performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay_ec_engg

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to assign pins with lattice

Hi freinds..
have anyone worked on Lattice xPLD... how good it is for fitting.. and hows the isplever tool ?? is it comfortable ?

Re: Lattice xPLD

The XPLD is quite flexible. I found that fitting a design in a std CPLD harder than fitting it in XPLD.
I have now ispLEVER 4.2 - runs smoothly

Regards,

Lattice xPLD

HI jay_ec_engg,
Be carefule if you use XPLD's ram resource. It will make the P&R difficulty. And do not try to lock the pin by yourself, let the software to assign the pin itself.
And use the version later than 4.1. Try to use the 3rd part EDA software to fit the HDL, and then use LEVER to compile the edf file.

Hi my_garden..

Is there any difficulty in assigning pins by ourselves ???
I already assign pins for hardware.. and coding is half the way...

Please reply me

Jay

Lattice xPLD

Hi Jay_ec_engg,
If you haven't use XPLD's memory resource, you do not need to care assigning pins.
Because the ram resource wasting too many router resource.

Do you know about SRAM configuration option with XPLD ?
How exactly can we implement it ???
RAM which u are talking about is this SRAM for configuration or RAM used for our application ???

Jay

Lattice xPLD

HI Jay,
The Ram i talking about is the ram which is configed from MFB.
XPLD can be programmed like a CPLD. Do not to care its configuration progress.

Hey Jay now you can try with LAttice XP device as its teh best noon Volatile FPGA Infinite times reconfigurable.. try that out .. if you need an hekp lemme know

Havae u used this FPGA ?? I herad of it but do not get any response from others about how good it is...do u find it flexible and easy ?

Lattice xPLD

Hi Jay,
XP and XO are the new products of Lattice. These two products use the same XP technology just like XPLD. But they are much cheaper than XPLD. They are all LUT base device. XP is focus on low cost FPGA, XO is focus on large CPLD.

Lattice xPLD

what is a xpld?

XPLD is just a name that Lattice has used to distinguish between this device family and a standard CPLD.
This device has FPGA I/O options, Memory and PLL's, and it also configures through a parallel uP bus besides the standard JTAG/B-Scan.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back