Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opinions on FORFED WIZ C compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

orione

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to buy a PIC C compiler.
From what I've read from the various threads, CCS PIC C and HiTech C are the best around but they are also very expensive.
Fored wizc is less expensive but I don't know if it a really good compiler.

Anybody has used FORED WIZC compiler?

Can you give me your opinion about this software?

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards

It's just crap.
I've tried it and simply threw it away. The visual development part is a joke and the generated code looks as if it is produced by someone suffering from a hangover.
The chineese say that "cheap is just another way of cheating". It's true as far as the FED compiler is concerned.
Get CCS or Hi-Tech. The latter is more expensive but far better.

trace

What is your opinion for C2C compiler?

They have a C-compiler/C++ Compiler/Pascal Compiler (which all is accompanied within the downloadable suit PicantIDE) for the PIC.

I downloaded PicantIDE to try it out. Not having any experience in C, I need an easy start-off without to much hassle. The try-out time is limited to 15 days. A bit short to learn C for PIC.

The price is about $50, which is OK.

Please let me know your opinion if you have any experience with this one!

Re: FED WIZ C opinion

I know I'm kicking an old topic, but I just had to respond...

Apparantly, a lot has happened to the FED compilers ( wizC and fedC ) since this topic started because my experiences ( from 2003 upto now ) are completely different.

I have written many applications using wizC and only occasionally encountered an error in the compiler. A workaround is proposed by FED within a day most of the time. If a fix is needed (yes, it does happen), it was delivered within a few days.

I also ported the RealTime Operating System FreeRTOS ( https://www.freertos.org ) to the FED compilers. Most modules in this RTOS are written to be portable across many compilers and chips. These modules are used unchanged in the port. Of course, the PIC18/wizC specific modules were tailored to this specific chip/compiler, as usual.

hmm, it looks like I'm just plugging wizC/fedC here. But it's just how I see them compilers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back