Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opinions on Elektor Programming Embedded PIC Controllers course

Status
Not open for further replies.

brunofunchas

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Elektor course

Hello,

What do you think about this course from elektor?

**broken link removed**

Regards,
Bruno

Re: Elektor course

Will let you know. I have bought it, but i am having trouble registering Flowcode. I did analogue rf 20 years ago.

Day 2 and 100 pages in of 500+. Its been steady learning. You definately need to do all the q&a sections not just yeah change line 2 to 0b1010101, but write it in the book. I have made a number of silly typos and left lines out whilst transcribing them. Also annotate all code with comments. It makes it easier to scan the code and see what you have left out.
A few questions where I doesn't seem remember the answer being in the text. So I will be doing a quick reread of yesturday.

ha ho and off we go.

Elektor are usually very good but I looked at the PWM sample page in the link and saw it was about "Pule" width modulation. I would sack the proofreader, I hope the remainder is up to better standard.

Brian.

Day 3 : The PIC is DEAD. Wrote a script as requested, and connected the elektor board, we have now move from flashing LEDs to making noise. Speaker was making tick tick noise, which would be right since the PIC had the last progam in it which was flashing LED every second. Loaded my new program and no 500Hz tone but there was a burning smell. Unplug everthing, and checked my program with the answer and corrected the error. Disconnected the Elektor board and reloaded PIC with flashing LEDs. Then reconnected LED board. No flashing LEDS. Power cycled the PIC. PortB is working! It has just started. It is supposed to flash all the LEDS every second, but it started slow and now it is running at the correct speed. Uh? Now its stopped. Time for a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back