Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opinions about CAD tools for Windows and Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
CAD On PC

Good news is we now have more CAD tools for PCs. Windos and Lnux.
How many of you guys are still using Unx ?

I really hate my workstation . It's 20 times more expensive than my x86 but
runs 5 times slower. Plus it has ugly C0E . Yes I have more CPUs and memory in x86.

What a shame.

(':evil:')

Re: CAD On PC

hi,

In my experience, the only good of ws is stable, linux is also stable but need a master to maintain and debug it.

Re: CAD On PC

Yes. I can understand that. WS comes with default OS installation. No real innovation in years. So it is much easier for CAD vendor to deliver kind of install and play packages.

Lnx on the other hand comes with too many flavors. Some of CAD favorite libraries and utilities have to be installed by administrators manually. One example is CSH and motif.
IMO BASH is much more powerful than CSH but it is not the default shell for WS.

I agree that it is painful to search, compile and install those free packages for lnx. Is it a good idea for someone to setup one special page that links to these things?

Try to let IS department move more tools to PCs.

CAD On PC

Pc +Linux(windows) is fitful for personal(one user). Workstation is more suitble for many users than PC. WS is more stable than PC.

CAD On PC

WS is much more stable and safe for the design data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back