Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opinion: What do YOU think is the need of the hour for recent grad aspiring analog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfanalogy

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I know, we have Jim William's infamous The Art of Analog Design. Or knowing Gray and Meyer or having Razavi in and out.

My question goes beyond all this - I feel I have lost that passion - the one I used to have that kept me awake for 18 hours, working on circuits.

Sorry for an off-topic question, but I would be delighted if someone has any suggestions or ways to re-engage in designing circuits.

Thanks.

We've had these dazzling commercial consumer devices around (computers, smart phones, etc.). There was a time when things didn't change so fast, and electronic items were less sophisticated, so that we could gain sufficient knowledge to repair/ modify/ build them.

Do you lean toward practical projects? There is a continual need for power production and conversion. Do you have a backup power supply?

Do you like projects with 'wow' factor? Example, a stroboscope made from a bright white led?

Do you own a house? Are there electronic projects that would bring better comfort, lighting, automation, tv reception, emergency preparedness, etc?

How about something tangental to your listed fields ... ?
You rf skills could be useful almost anywhere these days.
I've been asked to provide info on some pretty wild stuff of late
Power generation is a growing field - I suspect the electric supply
design will be changing over the coming decades too. There
are opportunities there. Just this morning I saw an autonomous farm
tractor - nothing for you there you may think - but this one
drives to an accuracy of just 1 inch using GPS and a bank
of rf correction devices (I forget what the OS survey people called them)
My guess is there's a lot of potential elsewhere for that tech.

With good RF skills and a bit of creativity the opportunities seem pretty endless to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back