Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Operational amplifiers and diodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

portuguese

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys! I'm portuguese and I have an Electricity exam tomorrow. So this is really urgent. There are 2 kinds of exercises I don't know how to do. The tests usually have similar exercises to these ones:

1) Operational Amplifiers

Consider the circuit represented in this picture:
ZYvo6.png
. The voltage vi(t)=1sin(wt) V and the operational amplifier saturates in (+-)12V. Calculate and plot the signal of the voltage vo(t).

2) Diodes

Consider this circuit:
G9Yjc.png
. Plot the signal vo(t) (show your calculations [all of them]).

I really need your help! Thanks a lot!

I think Kirchhoff node summing equations gets the formula linked below.
But as an old guy, I take short-cuts so I wont get points on the exam..I just calculate in my head and see the results.

I would sum the product terms of input signal and gain for each source. to get the output and clip near the rails as indicated.
https://www.rfcafe.com/references/electrical/opamps.htm. But the prof may expect the sum of K's law equations.

Status
Not open for further replies.