Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Operational Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anusha_dhananjaya

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI ;-)
I was going through op-amp.... I have certain doubts.....
1) Concept of virtual ground
2) Output swing
can anybody please answer this:cry:..... thanks a lot in advance :smile:

Thanks a lot... I am a beginner.. Op amp is in my syllabus..... I will consider ur advise thanks :)

You can donwload a book from Texas Instruments for free that is quite good: Op Amps for Everyone by Ron Mancini

**broken link removed**

Please have a look at sections
3.3 The Inverting Op Amp (contains a short explanation of virtual ground) and
11.3.5 Maximum Output Voltage Swing

Read some simple texts first....

I/p impedance of an opamp is very high and hence very little current flows thru it's inputs and hence very little voltage drop occurs at i/p.Hence if one of it's i/p is grounded ,since voltage difference b/w two i/ps will be very less we can assume other one of the i/p also to be at ground and hence giving rise o term 'virtual gound'.

I/p impedance of an opamp is very high and hence very little current flows thru it's inputs and hence very little voltage drop occurs at i/p.Hence if one of it's i/p is grounded ,since voltage difference b/w two i/ps will be very less we can assume other one of the i/p also to be at ground and hence giving rise o term 'virtual gound'.

The high input impedance of the opamp inputs is NOT the reason for the "virtual ground concept". Remember: This concept applies also to the Current-feedback topology with a very low negative input impedance.
The background is the very high loop gain that very often can be assumed to approach infinity.

Status
Not open for further replies.