Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

operating at insufficient power

Status
Not open for further replies.

ykishore

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Some say that operating an electronic equipment , say digital camera, with low battery for a long time will lead to damage of it. But, some are saying that it won't cause any harm.

What happens if we force an electronic device like digital camera to operate at very low batteries by repeatedly switching it on with batteries which are not functional? What is the reason?

These devices use power monitor ICs and if you have insuficient power they will just turn the device OFF. Nothing wrong will happen ..

electrically it won't damage the device. but physically and chemically the batteries might be leaking, and you don't want that in your precious electronics.

is the case same with equipment like washing machines? Because usually my mother scolds me if I overload our washing machine with too many clothes. Will it really get damaged?

wwfieee said:
electrically it won't damage the device. but physically and chemically the batteries might be leaking, and you don't want that in your precious electronics.
That's true... my Fluke Thermocouple meter used Duracell batteries. After 1~2 years the meter was left unused, one of the batteries leaked chemically and damaged some parts of the meter.

ykishore said:
is the case same with equipment like washing machines? Because usually my mother scolds me if I overload our washing machine with too many clothes. Will it really get damaged?
I think that besides the overload stress on the mechanical and electric motor parts, your clothes will not be wash properly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back