Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OpenGL error on all remote PCs (Synopsys on server)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun_powered

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ssh x-windows opengl is not available

Application: Latest Synopsys Structured Data Editor (devise/sde)
Server Machine: Sun SPARC V240 Server
Server O/S: Solaris 9
Clients: Dell PCs running Windows XP Professional
Windows Remote Connection: PuTTY SSH w/X11 forwarding enabled
Windows X Windows server: Xming

Sitting in front of the server and logging in directly I can run Synopsys devise and get OpenGL 3D drawings to produce correctly on the server.

When I try to open the same drawings on the client workstations, I get the OpenGL error below:

Error Window Titlebar: "M3D"
Error Window Message: "Sorry OpenGL is not available"

The 3D drawings will appear on the workstation, but they draw slowly and with jagged edges. They lack the texturing and depth of the same drawings on the server.

I have tested OpenGL on the Windows workstations and it's installed and successfully runs OpenGL demos (i.e. GLDIB).

I have also tried booting the Dell PCs from a CentOS 4.4 Live CD and successfully ran the openGl demo, "glxgears", in CentOS. Then I used SSH -X to connect CentOS Linux to Sun Server w/X11 forwarding and when I run 'devise" I get the exact same error msg as I got under Windows.

Suggestions, please?! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back