Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

open cores - USB Core Query - legal issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradeepkumar481

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
USB Core Query

Hello PPL,

I have a wague question. can i use the open cores code for my final product, will there be any royalty or any other issues related?

we have a requirement of using the USB 2.0 CORE, as IP CORE from Vendor is costly.

comments are invited

Thanks in advance
Pradeep Kumar

USB Core Query

you should approach to open cores only...

probably you cant use it for making your product... it is just for learning purpose... open cores are developed for learning purpose as per my knowledge not for business.

Re: USB Core Query

hi bapodradhairyab,

Thanks for the reply, i knew that open cores is for learning purpose but i wanted to know if i use it in our product, will it be illegal ?

Thanks
Pradeep

Why don't you contact opencores directly. They wont bite you know.

I assume it will depend on several things whether or not you will be able to use the core or not.

Regards

Hi, Lucbra,

Thanks for your reply, i already posted the same query in opencores forum but i did not get any replies. so i came here.

so any more suggestions or comments from ppl around.

Thanks in advance
Pradeep

USB Core Query

and the core available at open core is still need some help so you must need to modify it before use... they have mention that, hope you read that....

Status
Not open for further replies.