Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opamp type recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugen_E

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
Please recommend some general (easier to find) opamp types, that can work at 4.5V, single supply, for the following applications:

1. low noise, that can output at least 1.5VAC peak without distortion on 5k load with 4.5V supply (or better a rail to rail opamp) - something like the classic LM358, but with lower noise;

2. driving low impedance headphones (1V / 33 Ohms) - something like LM386, but with lower noise and without internal gain setting.

Now I have LM358 and LM386, but I'm not content with the performance - so I want to find something better and easy to get - not very new opamps.

Thank you

From LM358 you can easily migrate to (low power, rail-to-rail) LPV358 ..

As far as the LM386 is concerned, there are new versions of it available, namely LM386M-1(SO8) or LM386N-3(4) .. Also, have a look at TDA7050/7052 or TDA8551 ..

Regards,
IanP

Eugen_E

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

CHECK AD8061/62/63 from Analog Devices.

Good Luck!

Eugen_E

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.