Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Op amp with offset pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnybgood

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can I eliminate offset pins and leave them floating in my circuit if I dont need them?

Yes you can do that, offset pins are used to adjust voltage across two nodes in the OPAMP. If you do not connect potentiometer, your circuit will have non zero offset.thats all.

Yes you can do that .....you can keep them floating.....but generally with input bais control is best method to tune the output ....So will recommand you to have the biasing circuit....

Good Luck

In general, yes. There are many circuits using opamps in which an offset of a few millivolts makes no difference. There may be some special opamp types that need to have the offset adj pins connected in a certain way even if they are not used, but offhand I can't think of any.

741 series can asks for offset pin, packages like 5558 and 1458 do avoid these pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.