Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Op amp IC with 6/8/10 op amps in one package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y.li

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Does anyone know of an op amp IC packaging with 6/8/10 op amps in one package. I have to make a ckt (with basic op amps) having 10 (5+5) op-amps in it !

Thanking You,

Y. Li

I think 4 per package is the limit for basic Op amps. You can go for 2 quad packages and one dual packages.

You can search for them in manufacturers websites with number of channels (no. of op amps) more than 4.

yes... I am aware of these op amps... LM 324 etc. But I am looking for op amps with 6/8/10 op amps in a package. This is just to save PCB space.

Thanks anyways,

Y. Li

I believe there exist some hex package op amps, from intersil if I recall.

For saving space, you should just look at getting quad op amps in BGA/LGA packages. With such packages, you can just bunch them together, almost as if you have one package with dozens of amps in it. That's where real space saving happens.

Reactions: Y.li

Y.li

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
OK thanks. Will look into it.

Y. Li

I believe there exist some hex package op amps, from intersil if I recall.

For saving space, you should just look at getting quad op amps in BGA/LGA packages. With such packages, you can just bunch them together, almost as if you have one package with dozens of amps in it. That's where real space saving happens.

Intersil has hex packaging buffers ... no op amps.

The intersil part I was thinking of was EL5611, which does have six general op amps, but it may be discontinued.

But anyways more op amps per package does not mean higher overall density. The type of packaging is more important. For example even if you had the EL5611, that's six op amps in a 24 pin TSSOP, but look at devices like the ADA4691-2, which has two amps in a 1.25x1.25mm package. Getting several of the latter part gives better density, even with less devices per package.

it's better to choose quad amplifer to comprise your application.Because quad amplifier is industrial standard.Easy to ordering and replaceing if need in future.

NJM2710 from Japan Radio has 6 opamps, 1ghz gbw opamp ic. approx $1.5 per unit cost.

there are others of 8 opamps also. like MAX4805, but don't have details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back