Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

op-amp circuit schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

perado

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
the attached schematic is an op-amp, which input pin is + and which one is - ?
60_1311670628.jpg

Follow the signals through the circuit. If V2 goes lower, what happens to the output? It also goes lower. Therefore it is non-inverting.

Keith.

Reactions: perado

perado

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
When V2 is higher than V1, it leads to more current flowing thru the left branch and more current flowing thru M4. It will pull high Vo

perado

thanks for your replies

now I want to design an op-amp with the structure that I attached but I dont know I should start from where, can anybody help me? wich parameters are important in op-amp desin? Is this structure a good one?

In fact, it depends on your application.
Generally, opamp spec are: input range, output range, min supply voltage, current consumption, slew rate, noise, offset, gain, phase margin, bandwidth, PSRR, CMRR.

perado

I want to use op-amp in this circuit :

74_1311767877.jpg

The opAmp you are planning to use will have to sink current from the RL resistor, what you trying to use is really an OTA, which usually handles only capacitive loads or very small currents. Unless RL is very large, you should probably add a buffer stage.

I think you should consider these specs at the least:
stability(loop gain, phase margin, bandwidth), driving capability, input voltage range, slew rate, offset influence.

hi
which structure is good for use at this circuit?
The opAmp you are planning to use will have to sink current from the RL resistor, what you trying to use is really an OTA, which usually handles only capacitive loads or very small currents. Unless RL is very large, you should probably add a buffer stage.

a two stage Miller opamp seems a better fit but it really depends on the signal coming from Zin and its impedance (looking in the opposite direction to the arrow in your schematic), basically what determines the load of the op amp
As simple way to verify you have the right specs for your op amp (DC gain, bandwidth, output resistance, slew rate,...) is to implement it first as an ideal op amp with the specs you are planning to target in the actual design; until the ideal design works there is no reason to start designing the real thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back