Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Online water level monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_red

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I dont know if this is the best part if the forum to post my thread

btw, just move this to a correct group of thread if this is not appropriate here

i have a curruent project right now

its water level monitoring

water well > ultrasonic > arduino 2560 > LCD

as the school moves our professor requires us to upgrade our project.

water well > ultrasonic > arduino 2560 > computer > internet > website < any online computer

the status would update at the current time.

what tips can you give me to do this?

A water well is likely to be rich with echoes. It may confuse ultrasonic rangefinding.

Unless you can make it highly directional. Or drop the transceiver down just above the high water mark.

So that you can work on the rest of the project, try mimicking a clean echo return from a distance of a few feet.

any thing to lcd can be redirected to rs232 and rs232 to ip hub software on any pc or mac

so use this path

as lcd etc is just ascii

Agree w/ echo issue for ultrasonic level detection. Try it and see how well it works, if not, maybe investigate IR sensing (not sure if they'll reflect off water or get absorbed.... you'd have to experiment w/ that, too).

As for Arduino over the internet, buy an ethernet shield and code up a simple HTTP server on the Arduino (examples are all over the net). I have been helping a friend/colleague with a similar HTTP server application, and it's very slick. You could also have to Arduino occasionally dump data to a listening FTP server, then retrieve it as needed from a roaming client. Or, you could talk directly to the Arduino over the net and get up to the millisecond results.

I dont know if this is the best part if the forum to post my thread

btw, just move this to a correct group of thread if this is not appropriate here

i have a curruent project right now

its water level monitoring

water well > ultrasonic > arduino 2560 > LCD

as the school moves our professor requires us to upgrade our project.

water well > ultrasonic > arduino 2560 > computer > internet > website < any online computer

the status would update at the current time.

what tips can you give me to do this?

Hi
If you need rs232 and sending data to internet over PC computer see my blog with IR recorder!
Bellow you can see online graph with temperature and light power on pachube.com service!
I make this with autoit script & curl.exe (web commands in command line) & pachuhe.com!
If you need more info let me know.....

why not you use Limit switches and air filled floating bars to activate them? u can get a number of required water levels in the water well.

thanks for the repyly, i just come back from a vacation.

i tried the ethernet shield i wanna use a computer with a vb2008 to upload the data over the net how can i achieved this?

@js what is the url of your blog,:D

Status
Not open for further replies.