Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] online impedance calculator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ants

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone know a good online impedance calculator. Just for impedance at different frequencies, nothing complicated. The website I was using seems to have gone offline permanently.

Thanks,

Ant.

What are you going to calculate?

You can probably use Geogebra for your calculations. New versions of that program have built in spreadsheet capable of calculate imaginary numbers directly. I recomend it :)

That does look very cool! I'm trying to do something useful with it, but it'd take a while to learn. What can you do? I did get Matlab a while back but that is too complicated.

I want the impedance of a capacitor and inductor at any given frequency.

I have found the one below. It is not as user friendly as the one which went offline. That one let me input any 2 of the 3 parameters, it'd be useful for example to input reactance and frequency and be given the inductance. I guess it'll have to do.

Inductive Reactance Calculator

Thanks,

Ant.

Are you kidding? You don't have a calculator, or have the calculator program in windows-accessories, available?

X = 2 * Pi * F * L

example:

10 microhenry at 1 MHz,

X = 2 * 3.1416 * (1x10^6) * (10x10^-6) = 62.832 ohms magnitude.

Yea, must be kidding :lol:

Why using the headline "online impedance calculator" when it should be "just got to have basic reactance/frequenzy/inductanse forula".

A "online impedance calculator" is a sentence getting me thinking of tools that you can use to draw the vectors of voltage oand current with. When you use such BIG FANCY words, I start thinking of tool that can calculate voltage drops (or icrease) in a long undersea AC high voltage cable :cool:

That was no cool. An inverted joke, sort of :p

It wasn't a joke and i'm perfectly happy with the title. What part of

Just for impedance at different frequencies, nothing complicated

is misleading?

For the record I have a degree in physics and I can do the calculations with a calculator or by hand. What I can't do is 10 of them in a minute like with the last website I used.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.