Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

On-wafer mounted in package question

Status
Not open for further replies.

STOIKOV

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Has anybody doing on-wafer mounted in package measurements ?
Maybe wiring DC signals to pads and applying and measuring RF signals through microprobes ?

someone has performed on-wafer measurements with die mounted in its package ? Wonder if it's possible,

I don't recommend it. You can easily damage the probe. If you do it anyways, don't package your die. Instead you can bond the DC pads directly to a board.

STOIKOV

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
you mean to solder the die pads to a PCB ? If yes, what kind of machine is needed, or the foundry can do a job of that kind ?

thanks,

What you need to do is to fix the die directly on the board. The bioard should have the traces for the DC signals. Then you use bond wires to connect the pads to the traces on the board. Just be careful that the bond wires do not intercept the probes.

STOIKOV

I see, good idea but how I can solder from die pads to the PCB traces ? Need an special solder machin with very thin shape? thanks !

You do not solder the pads. Use a wire bonder to place bond wires (same as those thin wires that connect the die to the package pins). However, skip the package and bond directly to the board.

STOIKOV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back