Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ON Semiconductor says DA30AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

urad29

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a good reason to suspect that this chip is shorted. It is on a Lenovo Chromebook (Flip 5).
However, I cannot find it anywhere.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

IMG_20230215_235029.jpg

No idea what it is but the photograph seems to show several of the pins linked together and possibly some via hole heatsink underneath it so it could be a MOSFET. If it is, and depending on how you perform your test, it could measure as conductive normally and without any fault.

Brian.

No idea what it is but the photograph seems to show several of the pins linked together and possibly some via hole heatsink underneath it so it could be a MOSFET. If it is, and depending on how you perform your test, it could measure as conductive normally and without any fault.

Brian.
Thanks for your response.
I was thinking that it was a MOSFET. It is getting hot when injecting voltage so I would like to replace it. Just don't know the specs of it.

Designator Q reveals it's a transistor. To narrow the selection, you'd measre the case dimensions, e.g. 5x6 mm. Can be that it's an Onseme OEM type, not found in the product portfolio. In this case you'll also identify its function, e.g. SMPS switcher or static power switch, expected operation voltage and current.

Is it "Flip 5" or a "Flex 5" ?

I can't find any references to a Flip 5 and Lenovo.

Brian.
Sorry about that, it's a flex 5

Designator Q reveals it's a transistor. To narrow the selection, you'd measre the case dimensions, e.g. 5x6 mm. Can be that it's an Onseme OEM type, not found in the product portfolio. In this case you'll also identify its function, e.g. SMPS switcher or static power switch, expected operation voltage and current.
Hi,
Where do you see designator Q?
This is clearly linked to the charging circuit as the laptop works fine without the battery plugged in but does not work with it in and the above IC gets hot.

That would indicate it has something to do with battery/AC changeover. Are you certain the battery itself is OK and it isn't just trying to draw too much charging current? Can you measure the battery voltage out of the laptop and if possible again under a load, for example with a suitable light bulb across its output. If you can, let us have the two figures and show us any labels on the battery pack we might be able to tell if its the battery itself at fault.

Brian.

That would indicate it has something to do with battery/AC changeover. Are you certain the battery itself is OK and it isn't just trying to draw too much charging current? Can you measure the battery voltage out of the laptop and if possible again under a load, for example with a suitable light bulb across its output. If you can, let us have the two figures and show us any labels on the battery pack we might be able to tell if its the battery itself at fault.

Brian.
Thanks for your idea. Battery voltage is normal, however, when charging it plugged into the board from a power supply by hand, it draws around 3a which I believe is a bit too much or maybe it is the aforementioned chip which is drawing that extra current.
I am not with the laptop at the moment but will update when I am, probably tomorrow.
Thank you very much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back