Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

On-resistance of a schottky diode

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as Schottky Diode is concerned one can not talk about R(on) but rather about it’s dynamic resistance defined as follows:

Rd = ΔVf/ΔIf

This can be easily obtained from the [Vf versus If] chart (see attached plot) and make sure that that ΔVf=Vf2-Vf1 is reasonably “small" ..

Rgds,
IanP

dko

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The question isn't particularly clear. The above diagram illustrates however, that the dynamic diode resistance has two components, an ideal diode term ut/id and a constant bulk resistance. The ideal diode characteristic would appear as a straight line in the half-logarithmic diagram. It can be seen at low currents.

dko

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks a lot to both of you!

I also have another question. I would need the Thermal Resistance, junction to ambient. But in the list I can only find values for junction to case and case to sink. Can I somehow use these to get the Thermal Resistance, junction to ambient?

If I understand your question correctly you are after the thermal resistance of a device in the case style TO-220 without external heatsink ..

Here it is:
Case Style => TO-220 => Thermal Resistance (no heatsink) => 75-80°C/W

On top of that you should add 1.5°C/W (junction-to-case) but comparing with the value of, say, 80°C/W it can be just neglected ..

Rgds,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back