Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

on-chip envelope(or amplitude) detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

freewing

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to detect the envelope(amplitude) of a signal V(t)= A(t)cos(2pi*f*t), where f=200Mhz and A(t) is a low-frequency signal (almost dc). The range of A(t) is about 1mV to 10mV. Is there any paper or book talking about such circuit? Thanks.

hi
just to ad to your information the thermal noise alone at the reciever side could typically be 25 mvolts not to mention other kind of noise , so your job is gonna be really difficult .

taking in considratin the frequency is in mhz region ............

hope you succeed , i'll look in this subject .........

best regards

Hi Nimer,
Thanks for your comments. Where does the 25mV thermal noise come from? The signal I'm talking about is from on-chip circuit, not from the wireless communication. The bandwidth of A(t) is as small as 1KHz. So actually the integrated noise is not that much.

Added after 58 minutes:

quadrature mixer can be used to get the amplitude. But I want to know if there is any simpler on-chip detection scheme?

Maybe you can consider the Log amplifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back