Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Omnidirectional 868 MHz antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkaras

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking for omnidirectional 868 MHz antenna that comes with tilt option and has reverse SMA connector. It seems there are only two options to choose from: W1063 and ANT-868-CW-HWR-RPS.

The first is made by well-respected manufacturer, but it seems to be designed to be primarily used with 900 MHz rather than 868 MHz. Datasheet does not talk about frequency dependency vs VSWR. I expect VSWR to be very high for 868 MHz. If that is the case, then I am left only with ANT-868-CW-HWR-RPS.

Can anyone comment on these both antennas? Is there anything better than those two?

it seems to be designed to be primarily used with 900 MHz rather than 868 MHz. Datasheet does not talk about frequency dependency vs VSWR.

My interpretation of the data sheet is that VSWR < 2 spec applies to the frequency range 868 – 928 MHz. That would be reasonable, lambda/4 antennas are not so very narrowband.

Datasheet of the second antenna has this graph. Based on it, it would be hard to expect VSWR to be less than 2 within that broad range (868 – 928 MHz).
VSWR.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back