Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oled wrist watch project

Status
Not open for further replies.

dilan2005

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wrist watch project

hi,

i am planning to build a watch based on MSP430 and OLED display.And Add Cool functionality later on.(reminder /IRDA/connect to the mobile phone via bluetooth Read SMS :D /capacitive sensor input).But i was unable to find a suitable OLED display for it on digikey or mouser can any one let me know where can i find a small (3cmX1cm) LCD.

i am planning to used MSP430 LCD interfacing functionality.please throw any of u r suggestions on the project.

Thanks!

Regards,
dilan

oled wristwatch

Hi Dilan,

* Google "LCD glass". I tried it, on the surface I didn't come across 10mm x 30mm, but if you dig, you might be able to find something suitable.
* Mouser might be a better source of LCDs than DigiKey.

- Nick

oled wristwatches

The issue with OLED is it is designed to be thin, so COG is the most common OLEDs. So meeting 10mm x 30mm with a COG is a real challenge.

Go to www.hyesot.com and they have an 18mm x 28mm COG. 64x48 graphic display in Blue. blue has a short lifetime, 12k hours at full brightness. They have a 3k~5k piece min after samples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back