Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ohm meter circuit with 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

desmond

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all....

I am doing a ohm meter.............does anyone has such a design circuit with 8051 and lcd display ???

thx a lot

desmond said:
hi all....I am doing a ohm meter...does anyone has such a design circuit with 8051 and lcd display ??? .....thx a lot
While dedicated chips like ICL7106 are available to make a LCD digital pannel meter, you'll just need some resistors to make a complete Ohm meter. For using 8051 you'll again need an ADC to convert the voltages from analogue to digital and write a code. Why take a long way?....Cheers

thx a lot.......
i am doing a project with a force sensing resistor(sensor), 8051 and adc ........unfortunately the sensor is limited to current.........so i would like to built up a ohm meter in order to measure its value....

i have no idea with ICL7106, do u have any reference information... ???

thx a lot

Hi,
You need a current source to that, in all caese, uninterested if is your ADC a 7106 Voltmeter Chip or some generell ADC...
K.

hi karesz

my sensor is limited the current(sensor is from interlink force sensing resistor).........so......what can I do ???

so, alternately....i m going to built up a ohm meter to measure the ohm instead of measuring the voltage....

desmond said:
i have no idea with ICL7106, do u have any reference information... ??? thx a lot
You may refer the datasheet of the said component HERE
Cheers

Hi desmond,
I dont know your sensor & interlink too, but if you send some datasheet/circuit?
I dont understand the problem if their signal is a voltage output_is it GND referenced or what is it pls?
If you have a force dependent current in sensors line: you can apply surly some smaller resistor in serie with them & in worst case sense hes voltage over an instr.-amp....
K.

Hi karesz

I am using the circuit on page 23 fig 15. which is a current to voltage converter........but the voltage is saturated ........that is the problem i cant solve for a long time.....

thx a lot

Hi desmond,
Tnx for datashet!
Is the output saturated with zero load, what are your Usupply, Uref & Rg values + desired force range pls?
K.

Added after 58 minutes:

If you have(force less) saturated output (I mean: practically at Vsupply); you must take smaller Uref or Rg, but the right way depends on your supplying too.

Hi karesz

my Uref is 5V, Rg values is 4.7k..........i have tried different Rg values..............the results are the same which is saturated to 5V..........and now, i m going to measure the ohm instead of voltage

thx a lot

Hali desmond,
you didnt answer thesituation: is 5V saturation the see if no force is applyed or only over some force applying_is your supply voltage than 5V?
If you have forceless 5V too?_your cricuit is wrong,to check it change the sensor first with some knowed, i.e. 2.2--3.3K, resistor... What is your OP Type pls?
I think you dont need a resistor cadaptor circuit to measure the sensed force.
Your sensor is relative unpreciuce/has much basis value band(+/-5--25%), for me; it need only simple electronic.
Maybe is your OP not a "rail-rail I/OP"t yp?
K.

Hi karesz

sorry......

accodring to fig 15 from datasheet..........i use 4.7k ohm as RG, V+ connect to ground.........if at forceless situation, the voltage is 2.5V...........when i use a smaller value of resistor, the voltage decrease............and the voltage is saturated around 0.67V...........

my op-amp is lm358 which is recommended by the datasheet............

by the way......no matter i use different circuit provided by datasheet, the voltage wouldn't reach 5V no matter I applied force on it.....the voltage still saturated at some value ???

thx a lot

Check pages 4 & 13 for In-Commonmode voltages pls...
If you supply it with only single voltage(+5V) you can have on the input max. ca. (+V)-1.5...-2V=~3.0...3.5V!
Datasheets fig. 15 refer in real case to +/- supply!
"With a positive reference voltage, the output of the op-amp must be able to swing below ground, from 0V to –VREF, therefore dual sided supplies are necessary."
Is your Ref-voltage negative pls?
K.

Hi karesz

how can i connect with dual sided supplies with Ref-voltage negative.....i dun know at this point

thx a lot

Added after 24 minutes:

Hi karesz

thx for your help.....after consideration, i tihnk i may do a ohmmeter .....cos the max force of this circuit is 1lg, but in my applicaiton, the force is larger than this......so !!!

how can i show the resistor value by 8051 and adc0804 with simple circuit ???

thx a lot

Hali,
Negative Uref means: your Gnd(or reference potential) of your Uref (is the +) on the cicuits GND to connect, you have than the "minus" to connect on the input...
What is your ref voltage source pls?
As simplest you can generate it from -supply per serial resistor & a Zener(or ref. voltage source IC), dont forget a bypass ~100nF...1uF:)...
K.

Added after 5 minutes:

If your force is larger as 1kg _sensor is OK up to ~10kg_ you need only a lower ref voltage as 5!, and corresponding dimensioning of Rg!!
Thes ccircuit is/can be OK up to 10 kg_but its (of course) your decision:)
K.
I believe, that thes is your simple circuit to connect some ADC_i.e. 0804 too...:)

Hi karesz

i m very appricate your help.....but it is a bit difficult for me.....

can you give me some hint to make a ohmmeter by 8051 and adc0804...

thx a lot

Your welcome, but i must make yet my job, on the evening; I will try it for you_ok?
K.
Pls tell me how is your Uref circuit maked?

thx a lot .......

is that display the measured resistor value on lcd by 8051 and adc0804 ......

i think i give up to use current to voltage circuit ,,,,cos it only to use 1kg force that is not enough for my situation.....

thx a lot

Hi karesz

can u teach me to display the resistor value on lcd by 8051 and adc0804...

thx a lot

Hi,
Im sorry, but I didnt never write some programm, Im an "analog Type":)...
I assume, that you must storage in your uP some fix/standard comments as "Ohm" or "KOhm" or even direct the Forces :)...
If you send to display some newer value: you put it from two sources; 1, actual Force/voltage value & 2, after the character the Units from your "look up table", but how is it to coding_ sorry its not my profession...
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back