Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Oh no! Not Another CFL Inverter - Transformer & PCB deta

Status
Not open for further replies.

pravardhan

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I wanted the details of the Transformer and the PCB Layout in PDF format of Oh no! Not Another CFL Inverter.

The article is found at:

https://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_102473/article.html

I have also attached some more details regarding the Transformer number of windings. But, there is no mention of the Gauge (Thickness) of the wires used and the method of winding both the Primary and Secondary.

Thanks in Advance,
PRAVARDHAN

Re: Oh no! Not Another CFL Inverter - Transformer & PCB

interesting, thanks.

umm, the extra details re the transformer, where ?

Sorry..i cannot provide the PCB layouts as i dont have it. But sure i can give you the transformor and winding details.
Transformor/ core : ETD39 Or ETD 34 Or ETD33
Primary 7+7 turns 22swg
Secondary 212 turns 28 swg
I would like to thank "tahm1d" who provided these details.
Please use "Helped me" button to thank .Cheers

Thanks Pranam. I clicked the "Helped Me" Button.

What's exactly ETD39 Or ETD 34 Or ETD33 of the transformer core? Actually, i wanted the dimensions of the Transformer core.

And, can you tell me the wire gauge in millimeters (mm), if possible? And, is there any insulation between the two primary windings...?

And, have you tried this circuit...? If, yes then how is it working...?

ETD39 Or ETD 34 are standard core types available from many manufacturers, e.g. Ferroxcube, Epcos, Fair-Rite and others.

pravardhan said:
And, can you tell me the wire gauge in millimeters (mm), if possible? And, is there any insulation between the two primary windings...?
And, have you tried this circuit...? If, yes then how is it working...?
Regarding ferrite transformer, the reply is given by "Fvm". You'll get it at any ferrite core/ transformer dealers. Regarding, wire size, I have never calculated with Millimeters. I have just used and refered the "Standared wire guage" which is given in my last post. My close friend has constructed this kit and he is using it since one year plus. I have not tried it . Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back