Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

odd-even interleaver, I don't understand how this works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilgouki

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
interleaver how it works

I have downloaded a textbook which explains how this interleaver works but i can't understand

i think your wide

and for your sheer cheek ill give you 50 points

and you made me laugh

lol:)

You are right, i will explain my problem deeply.

When someone use this kind of interleaver in the output you will hve two blocks of information "interleaved", in the example of the book i've uploaded, the upper row is the original uncoded information and the lower row is the coded information but only one bit is stored (not both), and, if you use the log-MAP algorithm to decode it you need BOTH bits to know the original source bit, then....

I don't understand if the interleaver works like that or my appreciation is wrong.

PD: Sorry for my poor english, but i'm from chile :D, and sometimes i don't undertand the context of the english books.

PD2: i've heard that exist a book called: "What a wonderful turbo world" and in this books is good explain how the turbo ecualization works and i need to make a turbo equalizer to graduate me.

Thanks for the points :)

Status
Not open for further replies.