Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ODB++ Export settings in PADS PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayasuryan

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anyboby knows about ODB++ Export setting in PADS PCB?

odb++ format

I think there is no option to export ODB++ files from PADS POWERPCB. May be opther in the group can help if this is possible.

But if you need this for Valor FAB verification you can export the ASCII format of your design which valor tool can readin.

of if FAB house can use the IPC356 netlist then you can use the IPC356 netlist extract script files to get the same using menu Tools > Basic scripting. You need to load the file (*.bas) into scripting list.

I usually provide ASCII format to fabhouse which they use for validation.

Cheers!!!
Nagaraj.

jayasuryan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
pads odb++

Hello,

I found that ODB++ format Export is possible in PADS PCB from this document,go through the details.

And waht is FabLink XE software? from where i can down load the software?give me the link and its details?

odb++ files

FabLink XE software is provided by Mentor Graphics. Its not a free downloadable.

Thanks,
Nagaraj.

jayasuryan

odb++ document

FabLink XE software is proprietory i guess...

jayasuryan

odb++ pcb file format

As others have said, Fablink XE is software from Mentor that works with Expedition and BoardStation RE. I don't think it was designed to work with Pads. I have never used the software, but I have seen demos of it at Mentor's U2U conference and it looked pretty cool. I don't know how much it is, but I am guessing it isn't cheap since it is targeted at their higher end tools. Here is a link to more information about the tool:

https://www.mentor.com/products/pcb/expedition/physical_design/fablink_xe/index.cfm

TechNote mg37061: PowerPCB: How to create an ODB++ format output from PowerPCB?

Symptoms:
How to create an ODB++ format output from PowerPCB?

Solutions:
PowerPCB does not have the ability to create ODB++ output, however, if you own CAM350 this does have the ability to output ODB++ files.

Environment:
PowerPCB

jayasuryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back