Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ocean script from unix terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabyasachi.iitkgp

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ocean script

how to run ocean script files from terminal .
in terminal when i type ocean it shows

ocean: Command not found.

what to do please help

ocean script terminal

At the icfb terminal do this:

load("name_of_the_script.ocn")

how to run ocean script

Hi,

What are ocean scripts? Where it will be used?

Regards

ocean script

Hi,

ocean commands are a special set of SKILL commands used to control simulations inside the cadence dfII. you can start simulations or access and plot simulation results ...

Regards
hqqh

how to run ocean scripts

Hi
when i type load("name_of_the_script.ocn"),there is an error---->Error:load cant access file name_of_the_script

so what the problem???
pllllllllllz help
thanks in advance

unix running script inside a cript

type the following in the CIW:
load("/.../name_of_the_script.ocn")
/..../ stands for the absolute path of your ocean scripts.

skill commands in ocean

thanks for ur reply
i tried that but the same message appears
i dont know why???????????????????

Added after 24 minutes:

ohhhhhhhhhhh
i know my error
i wrote oceanscript.ocn not oceanScript.ocn
thanks again

oceanscript +plot to file

Hi
can i write expressions in ocean script to calculate efficiency?
thanks in advance

ocean script errors

Hi
All question about Ocean should be resdirected to Custom IC design branch
Any way, Ocean supports two ways to run SKILL (Ocean is one of few SKILL libraries ) based through command line
1. ocean -replay my_scripts.ocn
2. ocean < my_script.ocn
Be careful when you use the second way. The "exit" command should be put in the end of your script. Otherwise your Ocean session does not finishes and you will have to finish it manually.

P.S. Please use 'which ocean' shell command to check if you set your enviroment correctly.
setenv PATH $CDSHOME/tools/bin:${CDSHOME}/tools/dfII/bin:$PATH could help

Added after 10 minutes:

BTW
Often you do not need to have MMSIM tool for spectre-based similation or for any manipulations with already simulated data.
But if you would like to start Spectre-RF similation you should to include path to MMSIM binaries to you enviroment PATH variable. Please do not be surprised if you face 'ocean' binary in MMSIM installation hierarchy, the fact is MMSIM contains large part of dfII hierarchy from Virtuoso (icfb in previous released), just duplicates it :) for case when a customer do not have Virtuoso tool but have only MMSIM tool.

Re: ocean script

how to run ocean script files from terminal .
in terminal when i type ocean it shows

ocean: Command not found.

what to do please help

Hey, OCEAN is a Candence tool to run the simulation scripts, so first run Cadence, and then write 'ocean' in the terminal, it will work!

Thank you

Hi,

I'm running a ocean script form unix terminal, not from icfb. The simulation creates a waveplot, but after the simulation ends, the plot disappears. How do I stop it from disappearing?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back