Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

obstruction detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

indomitable12345

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to design a robot which can detect obstruction present in front of it within the range of 30-140 cm and within the lateral precision on +-15 cm..can anyone help me in finding a solution to this obstruction detection problem??

One way is to send out IR or visible range beams and detect their return. Turn the beam on and off at a specific rate so that you can separate the returned beam from reflections of light and IR from other sources.

This can be done with sound or light (IR) ..
Borh methods are compared in the following publication:
"Robot Wall Sensors, Sound vs. Light"
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

indomitable12345 said:
i want to design a robot which can detect obstruction present in front of it within the range of 30-140 cm and within the lateral precision on +-15 cm..can anyone help me in finding a solution to this obstruction detection problem??

Hello.
I designed one. To detect the objects I use infrared diodes and receiving modules of TV. With a microcontroller I sent the infrared signal, later, activate to timer of the microcontroller and later the signal arrived to module receiver, then calculated the Time-Distance. I recommend much these modules, they are very precise and with great distance.

Sorry for my stupid english
Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.