Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

nxp lpc2000 code read protection issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardo0

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to forum

I plan to use an LPC2478 for an ambedded project .Has somebody a clear view about code read protection? .I read that it has been breached. Is it so ?. Or is it a previous fault of the ISP ?. Can somebody enlighten me since it will be a serious investement i plan to make . Can anybody suggest something secure without a flash based mcu ?.I want to use a stronger cpu but i haven't found anything with flash and code read protection .
Any information would be appreciated .

Hi Leo

There is a method for protecting the software contact of a microcontroller using a cryptographic memory and some encryption algorithm - a colleague of mine is working on a commercial product who allow an external protection for the software inside a microcontroller (like a USB software dongle key in PC)

The cost of the product is in the range of few EURO for each system (as far as i know)

You will need to add an SOT23-6 IC, to spare one or two I/O from you micro
and a software library(DLL) who will be called from your application.

This method is not a 100% security against software copier but another layer of security who will make there work hard to bare.

All the best

Bobi

Status
Not open for further replies.