Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Numerical Integration in MATLAB/SIMULINK

Status
Not open for further replies.

powersys

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
matlab simulink numerical integration

I wish to implement Eq(4) in MATLAB/SIMULINK. I model the Ts block using Zero-Order Hold block. The amplitude of the sinewave is 1, frequency is 1, and phase shift is pi/2. The amplitude of the output, as can be seen in the figure below, is 100 times larger than the amplitude of the sinewave. Could someone pls advise which part in the SIMULINK model that causes the 'amplification'? (Hint: Integration of sinewave (shifted by pi/2) will give 'cosine wave').

Pls advise. Thanks.

70_1188238423.jpg

What's the frequency of ZOH? Why aren't you dividing X by Ts?
Guess : your sample period is 0.01s

powersys

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Mr.MEB said:
What's the frequency of ZOH? Why aren't you dividing X by Ts?
Guess : your sample period is 0.01s
The sample period of the ZOH is also 0.01s. Attached you will find the SIMULINK model. Would you pls help to correct the model? Thanks.

Look at the formula and Fig. 5
You forgot to put the gain of Ts. In Simulink it's just a triangle to place beetwen the ZOH and Sum block.

Mr.MEB said:
Look at the formula and Fig. 5
You forgot to put the gain of Ts. In Simulink it's just a triangle to place beetwen the ZOH and Sum block.
Got your point... Really thank you...

Added after 1 hours 15 minutes:

Actually how does the equation (4) work? What's 'k' and 'n'? Thanks.

n is the starting point for the summation (here we start by n equals 0) k is the stop point

mobile-it said:
n is the starting point for the summation (here we start by n equals 0) k is the stop point
Kindly advise how you relate the 'n=0', 'k', etc to the model in Fig 5... Thanks

hey please how can i do that
how can i relate the accumulation step and the stor point in the simulink model !!
thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back