Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ntsc to pal converter question

Status
Not open for further replies.

algilsan

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
i'm intendind to make an NTSC to PAL converter, does anybody know where to find a chip for this pourpose?, i have found a NTSC to RGB and RGB to PAL, so it's possible to do first an NTSC to RGB converter and then convert RGB signal to PAL with the other chip, but i would like to use one chip instead of two

thank you very much

I think that you can look at the philips.com website. They are the bigest producer of TV IC.

NTSC to PAL conversion

Sorry algilsan! Converting from NTSC->RGB->PAL will not get you closer.

First NTSC has 480 active lines per frame (out of 525 total lines) and PAL has 576 lines (out of 625 total line) per frame. To convert from one to another, you need either a resizer or you can fill the line differences with black lines.

Second, NTSC has a 59.94Hz rate (which means 59.94 fields per second) and 50Hz for PAL. For this part, you need a frame rate converter to interpolate properly the images or you can drop some of the fields to make a 50 Hz rate (which won't be nice at all).

And RGB exists also in these 2 different formats and frame rate, but they are not the same.

You will probably find a one chip solution. Maybe Philips. Look also at some IC manufacturers in the computer market. They may just have something like that.

Regards, TurboPC

NTSC->PAL conversion

Sorry algilsan! Converting from NTSC->RGB->PAL will not get you closer.

First NTSC has 480 active lines per frame (out of 525 total lines) and PAL has 576 lines (out of 625 total line) per frame. To convert from one to another, you need either a resizer or you can fill the line differences with black lines.

Second, NTSC has a 59.94Hz rate (which means 59.94 fields per second) and 50Hz for PAL. For this part, you need a frame rate converter to interpolate properly the images or you can drop some of the fields to make a 50 Hz rate (which won't be nice at all).

And RGB exists also in these 2 different formats and frame rate, but they are not the same.

You will probably find a one chip solution. Maybe Philips. Look also at some IC manufacturers in the computer market. They may just have something like that.

Regards, TurboPC

Ok, You are right, i was wondering and thinkins in birds, i have find a ic from philips that meets all my requierements

thanks for all

algilsan said:
... i have find a ic from philips that meets all my requierements...

what IC is this? This info can be very intersting for users....

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back