Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] NTC Thermistor sck 103

Status
Not open for further replies.

pope_acute

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi there,

just looking for advice really. I have a laptop power pack that costs £100 to replace(dell xps 1730) but i have found the failed component and de soldered from the board. It's a NTC Thermistor sck 103. After doing a bit of research and some phone calls i can't get my hands on a replacement. I have tried RS and Farnell but they don't have them or anything similar to replace it. I was hoping someone on here could point me in the right direction where i could buy one, or a pack if they only come in packs. I have the details of the component here:

Part No: SCK-103
Zero Power Resistance at 25°C : 10
Max. Steady State Current at 25°C (A): 3
(25°C Ambient) approx resistance : 0.297
Thermal Dissipation Constant (mw/°C) : 17
Thermal time Constant (Sec.) : 46
Operating Temp (°C): -40~+17

any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

jp

Last edited:

Farnell:
EPCOS - B57235S100M - THERMISTOR, NTC
EPCOS - B57237S100M - THERMISTOR, NTC
RS
INRUSH CUR SUPP 10R-3A

Last edited:
Brilliant thanks,

you should work for Farnell or RS, as both their customer service staff obviously don't know their own products as well as you do.

much appreciated

thanks

jp

JP how did you get on with this?

I am trying to source an SCK-053 for a Samsung TV and understand an SCK-103 will replace it.

Like you, I am finding the likes of Maplin, CPC, Farnell, etc. unhelpful. (especially Farnell)

I have traced the correct component to Digikey, USA but their minimium shipping rate is $30.

JB

Hi JB,

yeah i ended up getting one of the recommendations by mister_rf from RS (INRUSH CUR SUPP 10R-3A)i just searched for it on the site £7'ish delivered. It was a suitable replacement by it did not fix the power pack, after soldering it i found other hidden electronic components all burnt out.

Basically that’s not a critical component, so you can replace it with similar products(10 ohms / 2.5-4 Amps)
Need to pay attention testing the circuit before for a possible short circuit (mainly in the rectifier bridge area/main power transistor) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back