Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Now seriously - which are the best paid IT jobs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z80

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
best paid it jobs

Short background: been working in logic design verification field for some 4 years (PCIE transceivers). Economical recession stroke and me and all my team mates found ourselves looking for jobs. Now I'm working as a tester for a... major automotive company and I find the job non-challenging to say the least. [sarcasm] At least I'm well paid [/sarcasm]. I'm well past the idealistic moment of my life when I was hoping to find a job which is better challenging than well paid. Simply put: $$$ is the only guarantee in this worldly life. What pays off? First hand experience, please :)

well paid it jobs

This days is hard to find an "interesting and challenging job" .But they are out there.The problem is that they are really challenging money wise .A lot of companies don't have the drive to start new designs that require long R&D cycles .
I do consulting and have been lucky to find good designs. But it got dry for a good period of time .I had to resort to do my own R&D and projects to sell . I will suggest to keep up with technology you do the same .! .Do your own designs in your spare time don't give up your good paying job .Make a product that could give you some income on the side .This will give you a lot of insight in the world of industry and help you to network and take you in the direction that you would like o go and also build up confidence in yourself .

most paid it jobs

The electronics industry all over the world is in bad shape. Be happy that you have an income stream for the moment. As Eltonjohn relates, freelance people in electronics are the hardest hit in bad times.

Let us hope that things improve in future years.

Unfortunately, electronics jobs of every type are not top income earners. [joke] Perhaps you could go to the US and foul up some large financial company and get paid large bonuses in the process. [/joke]

best paid jobs in europe in future

eltonjohn, when I wrote "at least I'm well paid" I was being sarcastic.
In my opinion a job should be either interesting or well paid, ideally both. But when it's none of the above, there's a problem. Compared to design verification, this testing job that I'm doing now is low-tech. Aside from using an oscilloscope and some CAN development tools there's not much new to me. Not to say that it's mindless work, it's the first time when I come into contact with 100% manual testing (which is next to useless in my humble opinion). Not to mention that I'm sick of being taught that I should be proud for the fact that I'm working in such a wonderful company (add typical BS), while I know there's something better out there. I want to find that better something. Life is short and I'm already 30. This is not a whining thread, I'm just looking for answers.

best paid it

Hi again ...well .You know i used to be an Intel engineer .I left my job in France move to the US .. Some times you have to take risks .In America people are more enteprenurial . I mean go getters .In this hard times here the advice across the board is make your own job .! .In Europe people have a tendency to look for a shiny company with vacations. As you said you can't be waiting for too long( you're 30 ,still young very young )!.But the fact is that we don't know how long this crisis will last . And if everything will come back to normal .I waited already 7 years for that to happen .
I lost my HOME .i had a nice collection of 13 british cars ( Austin healeys 3000's mgas ,TDs .All gone,sold) . I thought that with my experience something would come along ..well all changed and i had to adapt . Please don't make my mistake .I was slow to react .Start from now assuming that times will get even harder and prepare. Finally i advise you DO YOUR OWN THING !.

short well paid careers

I have been in electronics for many decades starting as a school child interested in ham radio back in the valve/tube days.

Electronics has peaked and is now on a slow decline much like aviation and railroads in the past.

There are fewer new products being designed or invented and CAD programs are making people more productive.

Circuitry which in the past would take an engineer several months to design can now be purchased as an IC with a lower cost than the discrete design previously used.

I am not sure what the solution is for people who have trained for electronics and have many years to go before retirement.

best paid it job

I kind of understand how do you feel, actually right now I feel a little frustrated, because I am working in the IT field, I am also "well paid" and do not challenging stuff, work with "all mighty" IT guys.

So I do what eltonjohn says, when I go back home I study signal processing and do hoby and commercial projects, I don´t want to lose all my years of study and hard work.

And I ask myself everyday why I keep doing this?, and I remember since I was like 9 years old doing this, breaking things apart, building stuff... and I think I kind of was born for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back