Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

notebook battery repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

weeyndha

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have problem with my notebook. I've charged my battery 100%, then when I disconnect the ac adapter it's drop until 13%. My question is does the charger working properly (the battery is bad) or the battery is good and the charger is bad or both is bad? Does the charger circuit is inside the notebook or in the ac adapter?

regards

Batery charger is usually combined with the sm power supply module inside your laptop. These modules are pretty reliable units, and although you can not exlude its fault, I would rather suspect the battery. How old is the battery and what is its type?

Your notebook batery is dead.Your problem batery not charger.

Check the charger if it gives the recommended ouput voltage which is usually given on the charger. Slight differences are ok. If the voltage is low then your charger if faulty. If the charger gives high voltage then both the charger and battery are faulty.

yes, the battery is dead in almost 95% of cases.

you can try to fix it by charging it at a low current for one or 2 days,
after that please use it until a complete discharge.

repeat the process for 4-5 times.

it should work, but the method is not guranteed.

regards,

baza

Looks like your battary is dead, complete drained it and recharge it and do this process again and if it didnt work replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.