Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

not updating pcb board while netlisting

Status
Not open for further replies.

akrishna71@gmail.com

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,,,
i have created three project ,i 'm using ORCAD 16.0 . already i posted one of the error from the one of my project.

now , while i netlisting the three project , all the three project has this kind of same error,, please solve it,

i have attached that three projects session logs while creating the netlist, for your visit.

Attachments

• project3.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 97
  • project1.txt
    7.2 KB · Views: 81
  • project2.txt
    15.8 KB · Views: 89

Hi @akrishna71@gmail.com,
Its quite difficult to say what are those errors or how to solve them cause a lot of things can trigger such errors, if you can share your schematic then i might be able to help, if u can't provide schematics then i would say when you generate the netlist then in the session log it shows errors, then manually browse each error one by one and place cursor at any one error and press "F2" then a window opens showing the reason for that error, this might help as you might understand the reason for the error.
I would also suggest u to do a DRC check before you generate the netlist, most of the times these are simple errors which can be caught using DRC check.

GoodLuck

hm , thanks madam for your help , but i already done the DRC , it did not show any errors , if i create the netlist then only i got such kind of errors, and Do you have any pcb design material madam:?" i 'm new to orcad maa'm. just simply finished the courses only, that knowledge not enough to me , so i need a handwritten material

b'cause i don't 've any kind of material , then tell me how to improve the my skills in orCAD? if you help me , i will pick up my knowledge with high speed, please help me madam , now i will do what you said , after i'll come

- - - Updated - - -

hm ,, madam , let me know your mail id i'll send my schematic diagram ,, ple tel me

- - - Updated - - -

madam ,,,

i don't know where should i pick the cursor and when should i pick F2 button ,, but i have tried in the session log window , no response maa'm . so help me madam,,,,,

Hi akrishna71@gmail.com,
first of all dude i'm not madam, and secondly i'm sorry its not f2 its "F1" key, try this it will work, and click on the error code like for example if (SPMHOD-1) is the error code then click on it and after clicking cursor will appear on it then click "F1" key. If this doesn't help u then you can send me the schematic i would be happy to help.

Good Luck

- - - Updated - - -

Use this below link, this was the first tutorial that i used to learn all the main features of Orcad and i think this will suffice.

www.ece.rice.edu/~jdw/orcad/OrCAD_Tutorial/docs/tutorial.pdf

rest is up to you the more u work with the tool, more u will learn the features.

oh dude..... sorry sorry,,, ok i 'll try and then get back , if i couldn't solve the error , i would be back , you just clear it .,.,..,.,. okay thanks

- - - Updated - - -

sorry dude, , i don't have a idea to try you told . so i will send schematic and created foot prints , please check it , and reply with soon.,,,,,,.,.,.. thanks buddy

- - - Updated - - -

filename : 1.firealaram11 , 2. firealaram2 , 3.firealaram3 ..... these much only having error during netlist .,, and give some points or tips to well design the circuit

and dude may where have you been working ? in hydrabad,.,..,.,..,. tell what about you?

Attachments

• Circuits.zip
    338.1 KB · Views: 93
  • symbols.rar
    4.6 MB · Views: 91

Let me take some time and then i will see what's wrong with your files, meanwhile you can know what are those errors by searching for those error codes in the help section of the tool.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me take some time and then i will see what's wrong with your files, meanwhile you can know what are those errors by searching for those error codes in the help section of the tool.
below is my linkedin account.
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=56609459&trk=tab_pro

hi,,,
i have created three project ,i 'm using ORCAD 16.0 . already i posted one of the error from the one of my project.

now , while i netlisting the three project , all the three project has this kind of same error,, please solve it,

i have attached that three projects session logs while creating the netlist, for your visit.

just try in this way cut the 1st page and generate the net list if the net list generate the problem was in the 1st page and paste it again till the problem is there do it for all the pages you will find the problem were it was

Hi Krishna,
sorry for the late reply, i have looked into some of your files, there are lot of small errors that you have made in your designs, probably you are beginning, i gave a link above to start off with. one specific thing that i would like to say is

--> orcad doesn't allow same pin numbers for any component it might allow your component but it will pose lot of problems ahead in your design, now for example if you have 2 Gnd pins on a part then name them as Gnd1 and Gnd2, when the component is complete and you save it, orcad tries to compile the component and if it finds multiple same named pins then it reports you, try to avoid this mistakes as it might not look important for small boards and small components but it becomes crucial for bigger components like FPGAs or any BGAs.

I looked into firealarm1 to firealarm3 i have seen that you have done the design in a hierarchical approach, right now i would say, hierarchical design is a little far-fetched i would suggest you to work on some flat designs first understand them thoroughly and then go for hierarchical designs, you have committed a lot of errors in firealarm3, especially you have not assigned any ports to your hierarchical symbol which is not expected, please try to make some proper flat designs first then you can go for hierarchical design. Hierarchical design is just an aesthetic way of representing your design you can make any hierarchical design as a flat design so don't worry, you need to first master flat designs.

Let me tell you that i was able to successfully generate netlist for firealarm3 and was able to import that in sample board, no errors whatsoever.

Now if i have to suggest you an approach then do the below after you have completed the exercise that i have given the link above, first make a proper schematic, like a xilinx spartan 3A board, below is the link to schematics

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/spar3a-sk.htm
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/s3astarter_schematic.pdf

1 -> Download these files and then try to make a schematic which looks exactly similar to the pdf.

2 -> Then manually create all the footprints.

3 -> Do the Layout.

Finally, i'm sorry if i sounded bossy or rude at any point - just trying to help.

Thanks - Hope this helps.

i don't have a words to say ,,, yes i am beginner for or cad & circuit designing ,,,,,,

see you are my senior so you have full rights to tell anything, i am eager to contact with you , for further contacts i just need your facebook id name & profile pic name ,, please tell to me, i don't know how to make contact with you by linked.in.,.,.

,and one more thing i already realized that error and got the output for the firealaram3 file , now i am trying to get the output for the firealaram2 & 11 . but i don't know what are the rules to create the foot prints? please provide some ideas OR useful material to me,,

so please give facebook id name & profile pic name ,,

i am waiting for your reply,.,.,.,.,.

bhavanit@india.com
mail me if you have any queries, but i would suggest you to post your queries on this forum, i will help anyways and also others will be benefitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back