Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

not getting output from ADC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

upasana2007

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

As a part of a larger project, I have to read analog data through ADC 0809, send the data to 8051 microcontroller and then to PC(MATLAB) serially. Everythings fine wen I am using the evaluation board in our lab...but the ADC n this board has only 1 channel available and i need 6....so I am using a separate ADC.....but using this I am not getting any output from adc at all!
I am using a 555 timer generating 640Khz wave(specified in datasheet) for clock.
I even tried using a square wave generator instead. i dint get any results.....so i connected the clock of the on board ADC to my external ADC....still no result.....wats going wrong?

hello upasna.
can i get some sort of illustration for the above statement.so i'll be able to understand your question well and will be able to reply you better..

hello upasna.
can i get some sort of illustration for the above statement.so i'll be able to understand your question well and will be able to reply you better..

Hi....thanks for taking an interest,,,,my problem is that the ADC is giving zero values for all input. The programming is correct as the onboard adc is working correctly.....
you want an illustration? as in ckt diagram?

Status
Not open for further replies.