Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Not enough BRAM memory mp3decoding

Status
Not open for further replies.

PieterDC

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Not enough BRAM memory

Hello everybody,

I'm working on a project on the virtex II pro board.
I'm using EDK 9.1i to develop a system that plays mp3 files and has a graphic interface on VGA.
The problem is that I need 200KB of BRAM to decode MP3 and I need about 110 KB to run VGA. The problem is that my XUP board only has 256KB usable BRAM.
I was wondering whether it is possible to map the BRAM to the external RAM.
OR do you guys see any other solutions?

Thanks in advance

Not enough BRAM memory

It is all depends on your platform, sure you can map any block ram to an external ram, but then you need to have a very good knowledge of the internal memory structure of your design.

What you can do in EDK is to map the address of the MP3 decoder to an external memory and your problem is solved, EDK will take care of the rest.

Let me know if this solves your problem or if you need more step by step solution?

Best regards,
/Farhad

Re: Not enough BRAM memory

Thanks for your reply.
I'm kinda new to digital design.
I'm programming a virtex II pro board and a more step by step solution would be great.
thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back