Status
Not open for further replies.

shaiko

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using modelsim 6.5 to simulate a mixed language VHDL/Verilog design.
The VHDL section works well - However, not all Verilog 'reg's and 'wire's are added to the waveform view.

Any idea why ?

I'm using modelsim 6.5 to simulate a mixed language VHDL/Verilog design.
The VHDL section works well - However, not all Verilog 'reg's and 'wire's are added to the waveform view.

Any idea why ?

I know that for certain simulators, only the regs and wires of the top-level module will display in the simulation. So if your verilog module is not the top-level module, then its inputs and outputs will not be displayed in the simulation. That being said, I have never used modelsim; I do know that this is the case with other simulators, such as Lattice's Active-HDL.

Reactions: shaiko

shaiko

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
willissilliw,
case solved. The simulation window had a box that says: "optimize"
It was checked by default. As soon as I removed it - all regs and wire appeared.

If it was me - I would change "optimize" to : "make me wonder what's wrong with the sim for an hour"

Glad to hear you solved your issue. Yes that is slightly confusing terminology.

Good luck...

-Willis

yes, and you can also use -voptargs=+acc with vsim. Not sure where it is in the GUI, but it keeps the visibility of all nets without removing other optimizations. Sims often take a long time, so removing all optimizations might not be practical in all cases.

Reactions: shaiko

shaiko

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…