Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] Not able to download HEX file to PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jestin Kuriakose

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
i have purchased a PIC project board from
HTML:
http://www.nskelectronics.com/pic-p40_brd.html
(schematic of the board is given in it ). so, i have tried some test projects and everything is working correctly , including serial communication. so, i programmed my PIC16f877A with bootloader using a hardware programmer so that i don't have to use a programmer again for programming my PIC.
My problem starts here.Now, when i tried to download a test program using PIC bootloader plus software, it says "searching for bootloader ' and it is not changing. so, i tried my friend's project board (from different manufacturer) and used my PIC and PIC bootloader software to download , and i was able to do it successfully. :shock:
please help me out here. I have no clue what to do next.:roll:
Is there any hardware specification for using bootloader ?

note:serial communication is working perfectly with my board.

Note that you have to first connect the development board and then start the PIC bootleader plus software and not vice-versa. If you still have the same problem, your software may be restarted. If still have the problems. check RX TX tracks connecting to the Microcontroller, or dry solder joints. Is still it continues the bootloader in the chip may be corrupted.
When you say you have "bought" the development board, it very simple to just dial NSK, contact Mr Kiran who will solve your problem and clear your doubts.

Last edited:

thankyou pranam for your reply.
i have used my chip in another project board of different manufacturer and i was successfull in programing a sample program using bootloader software.Also, i tried a serial communication sample program and the serial ports are working .
A 20 MHz crystal oscillator is used in this board. is that a problem for using bootloader ? Because, the other project board which i was able to successfully program my chip used a 4MHz crystal oscillator, and rest of the circuit was similar to my board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back