Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Not able to access harddisk due to linux uninstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikunj2512

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am using a dell insprion 14 with window 7 professional. I installed sabyon in the laptop with windows. But due to certain error in windows, i deleted c drive and the drive in which sabyon was installed. After that i was unable to access that linux partition. Please suggest me some method so i will able to access it...

This is a bit late, but I've just seen this thread.

At this point, you've probably reformatted and reinstalled, but just in case, where are you at in the troubleshooting process? When you try to boot the machine, what happens? Do you get a bootloader and then it fails to boot, or is there a "no disk found" / "no operating system found" sort of error message?

What you need to realize is that in most cases, the partition table may still be intact, but the bootloader is corrupt or missing for some reason. I can usually get these up and running again using either the Windows boot disc (in "rescue mode") or a Linux boot CD of some sort (sysrescuecd, Slackware, Ubuntu live cd, etc) and rebuild the partition table as well as the boot loader.

Let me know if I can give you a hand here.

Status
Not open for further replies.