Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Norton AV 2008 & FlexLM

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcmurphy88

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My NAV 2007 license expired and I installed NAV2008 on my work computer. I specifically enabled the local net and my home IP for anything (NAV2008 actually defaults to enabling the local net now).

However, if I try to access the machine with Remote Desktop, or locally use some FlexLM managed products (either though a local dongle or a license server), the connection fails every minute. I either get a screen freeze (remote desktop) or the EDA program bombs out on a license failure.

This is particularly reproducible with altera quartus 5.0. I've stopped updating that because the sim screen scroll rate sucks starting in 5.1.

I'm probably going to get some other less annoying AV program, but I'd like to know if there is some setting in NAV to avoid this conflict. Symantic support is, as usual, useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back