Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nonlinear (Kerr effect) FDTD soliton simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoavy

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey,

I'm trying to simulate a light soliton using FDTD with Mur's boandary conditions.

The results don't explode but I get funny solutions (Sometimes the soliton loses amplitude, sometimes it gains amplitude...) that change when I choose different resolutions for the simulation that should all be small enough for this sort of simulations (lambda/10, lambda/15, lambda/25, lambda/50).

I've checked my code time and time again but the explanation for the problem eludes me.

Does someone have a working 2D (or 3D) nonlinear Kerr effect FDTD simulation that I could look at?

I've attached my matlab FDTD function. It explains itself using elaborate notes. It uses normalized coefficients (c=1...). You can't run simulations using the code alone (you need to create a few files using other matlab codes.

I would appreciate it if you could give it a look and tell me if you see something wrong with it.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have a working FDTD simulation for a soliton. It is made using SEMCAD X and it is included in the tutorial documentation. Check in **broken link removed**

I hope it helps.

Hi.that's fun. but i can't run it. please send me complete code. I need it very much. my project is simulation of soliton with fdtd metod in matlab or Rsoft fullwave. And if you have any code about simulation of iteraction between two solitons, please give me that. please help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back