Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Non-Multiplexed Digital Clock Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

burbing

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there all,

I have a project for driving 40W 120V AC lamps with the means of a digital clock's LED voltages of 1.7V DC. I had Sharp S202S02 relays for this purpose. The problem is about the digital clock that I've used. It has a strobe effect in 7 segment LEDs, like multiplexed drive. I got my AC lamps driven like 20Hz or something flickering, that I discovered in the LED's voltage measurement. It was changing all the time when the lamps are to be turned on and off. I need 0V DC while the LEDs are turned off.

My question is: where can I find such a non-multiplexed digital clock?

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks

Burak.

I'm not sure if any non-multiplexed clock chips exist.

How about using a microcontroller, CPLD, or FPGA that has enough output pins to directly control all your segment drivers? Do you have experience programming those devices?

actually, I didn't experience before.

Hi,
If the seven segment data is updated before the digit selection pulse, you can use the digit selection pulse to separate the segment outputs into latches and then drive your display. If you do not have experience, may be you can take the help of an Engineering student and get it done.

It also may not be difficult for you to get a new clock developed throuch an engineering student, you can even think of sponsoring it as a miniproject to an Engineering College.

Regards,
Laktronics

what about using triac in place of relay

both costs the same

Nandhu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back