Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

nokia mobile phone problem with at commands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireplus

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

i'm try to us nokia 6150 mobile phone to send sms in embbeded system
but frist i 'm trying to full understand the at command by connect the mobile phone to rs232 com port in my pc .
my problem is when i connect my phone to com1 and try to send a simple at command
as all sources say when you type AT and then press enter there must be ok appear on the screen of the hyper terminal but there seems no responce at all

when i install nokia data suit 3 for my mobile it creat a Virtual port com4
and when i select it and type the at command every thing is work well
when i uninstall the program( nokia data suit ) and try to connect to com1 or com4 there's no responce

may be the nokia data suit send some Initials commands to the phone
or what happens ?
could any body try to explain what is happing to me ????
8O
[hr:b41644beaf]
Fire in the Wire

Normally when you install the datasuite it creates the virtual port and as you said when you do that it works so use that com port.
But if you really wants to use the other com port check if it assigned to another DMA? and by the way what os are you using?

hi ,
thank you for your help

i'm using windows me , and when i test the hyper terminal i used all baud rates available by my com port but there's no responce as i said before .
i'm sure from that nokia phones work with 9600 bps ,1 stop bit , control(none) and no parity .

i think there are a spacific commands should be sent frist to be able to commuincate with it by using at commands

if you know any thing about that please help :(
[hr:c7c20e5bae]
Fire in the Wire :eek:nfire:

I do not think that the nokia phones in general has a built in modem that reads AT commands, they relye on a software modem in the PC, this is the com4 you can find after installing the data suite.

I searched the net som time ago about this and the protocol nokia is using for the serial com with the phone does not seam to be that known. There are hacks that have been spying on the serial port when sending SMS and doing other stuf that have manage to find out some parts of the interface.

The general tip if using a phone in embedded applications I think is to go with siemens, then they have a modem implemented in the phone ant you can acess it directly with AT commands.

re Me

when you want to send at commands handset you should end your sentence with a suitable character defining the end of sentence, as default the best option that all
handsets support is cr+lf could you add it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back